A few people have asked me recently how this blog is setup. It is setup as follows:
- I am using WordPress 2.9.1.
- The blog is hosted by 1and1.com using the $9.99 / month 1&1 Business package.
- I am using the fDawn 1.0 theme by Fredrik Fahlstad which I extensively modified.
I am using the following plugins:
- Askimet for spam control.
- FD Feedburner Plugin to track the RSS subscription and offer email subscriptions.
- Recent Posts to display the latest posts.
- Simple Facebook Share Button to let people share any posts on their Facebook Wall.
- Subscribe Me to let users subscribe by RSS.
- Subscribe to Comments to allow readers to receive notifications of new comments on a post they commented on.
- Topsy Retweet Button to allow users to retweet a post.
- WP to Twitter to update Twitter when new blog posts are added.
In addition, Facebook automatically imports my posts as Notes. I also connected my Linked In account to Twitter so all my new posts also get promoted on Linked In.
What I have yet to figure out is how to have the comments on Facebook Notes, Twitter and the blog to be unified in all three places (or at the very least on the blog itself).