I had the pleasure of organizing a redux of my last entrepreneur dinner in Paris in September 2006. I am happy to report that French entrepreneurship is alive and well:
- Michel de Guilhermier sold Photoways and started Inspirational Stores which creates online stores for luxury niche brands such as La Duree.
- Gael Duval sold Un77 and is now CEO of JeChange.fr for which he just raised 3 million euros in a tough market.
- Fabrice Boutain is still CEO of Anxa which is reaching an interesting scale and is very profitable.
- Aymeric sold 2xmoincher to Les 3 Suisses and is probably already dreaming of his next project.
- Bertrand Pulles remains a very active and successful angel in France.
- Patrick Robin had to change his approach in 24h00.fr from a private sales club to an ecommerce portal for women and is approaching profitability on an interesting revenue base.
- Walter Bouvais’s Terra Economica is well on its way of becoming the reference in green media in France.
- Johanna Gozlan a very talented architect in Paris left a large firm to start jgastudio.
It was such a joy to see everyone so full of life, energy, optimism and joy!
Keep at it guys, you will change the world!