Episode 17: The State of Solar
This week Kerim Baran shares where we stand in the world of solar. He covers:
- The history of solar
- The impressive decline of the cost of panel over the last 40 years
- The decline in the cost of batteries
- Why ultimately batteries plus panels will cost less than maintaining the grid leading most electricity to be made locally in a distributed fashion even if fusion comes to pass and creates energy at 0 marginal cost
- Why we will have a hybrid setup of grid plus local production for the foreseeable future
- What to do if you are interested in solar
For your reference I am including the slides Kerim used during the episode.
If you prefer, you can listen to the episode in the embedded podcast player.
In addition to the above Youtube video and embedded podcast player, you can also listen to the podcast on: